50 posts in this topic

The site: Indian River Inlet north shore off the end of the rock jetty

sittuation: incomming tide you have full flotation devices on (plus nice flippers )and your favorite spinning rod in hand......with the best bait or lure possible on the end (Live eel)....you jump in the water letting the tide take you in and you swim out to the center and drift in.......at night....:bs: ........I would try it!!! I beat ya a Navy Seal would do it in a heartbeat

ps.....my only problem is I think the wife might frown apon that one :binkybaby:

I really meant to spell it "EXSTREAM" with the pun being stream ...:icon_pidu:

Way too much current to try it if you are serious. How are you going to get out of the water? You won't be able to climb up those rocks.

I think thats where the flippers come in...I'd think using the flippers to swim yourself back to a nice sandy area of beach to get out of the water.

There's a fine line between extreme and stupid. Buy a boat, dude.:BangHead:

do a search for skishing on some other sites, pretty cool but not for me, especially not in an inlet.

Yes, as Ben said, Skishing is popular in some places and can be quite successful. I think you would be fighting that current so hard, it would be difficult to fish. It would be interesting to see someone do it, but I would be careful to keep an eye on the boats too...

I'd say no-way:angry2: 1st off the current there is @5 knots and given the amount of boat traffic and shore fisherman, someone is gonna' call the Coast Guard and since station IRI is like right there and they'll come a pick your ass up outta' the water and probly arrest you for being a "Hazard to Navigation", I know I would:icon_thumright: