7 posts in this topic

Is there anyway to mag a daiwa sealineX 40HV??? or wondering if there are any better break setups anyone knows of??

Sorry but this might sounds kinda dumb but where on the reel do you put the breaks??? is it on that small bar when you take the sideplate ( opposite of handle ) off?

Sorry but this might sounds kinda dumb but where on the reel do you put the breaks??? is it on that small bar when you take the sideplate ( opposite of handle ) off?

They just slide right on the bar loosely.

The 40 comes with red and black breaks. and there is not much room under the plate to put mags. when I get home from work I will take a pic.

Thanks Snapper!...I had them on the bar but didnt think that they looked/felt right so i took them off and was waiting on some replys!!!

you can do a 40/50 but I don't think they have a sideplate they sell. I think you just have to drill a hole in the sideplate and make your own.

I have a saltist that I'm going to do this week, I will post pics. It has the same breaking system as the your reel. I'm going to take out the bar and breaks and install a knobby mag...or at least try to.