4 posts in this topic

I guess I sucked up enough this past week - my wife was feeling generous today and endorsed a trip to cabelas w/ the family - here's the results:

1. FINALLY got a pair of warm bootfoot waders for winter flyfishing and surf fishing - no more sand in my wading boots!!! :eusa_dance:

2. New wading boots for my breathable bootfoots

3. New c&r fly fishing net - no more squeezing fish w/ my hands while trying

Also - My father got a baitrunner 4500 and an 11 ft sealine rod so he can start fishing for real rather than just sit and watch my rods :eusa_shifty:

Now even if it ever DOES get cold this winter, i'll be prepared!

i'm jealous you got to go to Cabela's today, although giving up cabela's to live an hour from the beach wasn't a hard decision.

we went to the bass pro shop here in MD last weekend, and it doesn't even compare to Cabela's - I couldn't believe that a store in PA had a better salt water selection than one right here in MD, but what are you going to do...

I am sure when we go to PA to visit family, Cabela's will be on the intinerary!!

Yeah, I like BPS, however, to be honest with you, I prefer the Gander Mtn in Salisbury more than BPS

Cabela's beats the pants off the Bass Pro Shop. Its not even a comparison.

Anymore day trips are going to be heading north to Hamburg Pa rather than BPS.

Another thing I found, there is a little shop called boaters world right across the street from Gander Mt in Salisbury. This place had a lot of stuff for fishing at pretty good prices. A lot of it is gears towards boat fishing, however for hooks and terminal tackle you can't beat this place.