Which Day?   29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Day?

• Monday-Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Which do you prefer? Week day or Weekend?

Mon to Fri. sounds good to me weekends are hard to get off. by the way what month will it be in?

I voted for Saturday because the unfortunate reality is most people work and that gives us all friday night and saturday day and night to fish and then Sunday to recover before being forced to slave away to support our fishing habits.

I really don't mind either way, it may be easier for the permit etc for a weekday. The beach will be crowded anyway if the weather is good on a weekend and that will make it marginally tougher to pull together. If its Friday then I'll make a weekend of it and will still fish with everyone on Sat anyway.

Sam, let me know if there is anything I can help with from an organization standpoint. I know this stuff can be a huge PITA especially when people are placing demands on good weather, wind direction, and hungry fish.

unfortunately I work m-f, and don't have vacation time this year...so if there is any chance of being able to attend it would have to be a weekend....

unfortunately I work m-f, and don't have vacation time this year...so if there is any chance of being able to attend it would have to be a weekend....

Wednesday it is! Just kidding. :D

I voted for Saturday because the unfortunate reality is most people work and that gives us all friday night and saturday day and night to fish and then Sunday to recover before being forced to slave away to support our fishing habits.

agreed & X's 2 here:icon_salut:

Ok I voted for M-thursday for 2 reasons

#1(the selfish reason) - No matter how early i know, I can't avoid all possibility of a conflict with my gig schedule and I want to avoid any possibility of missing the fling!!!!!

#2(the non-selfish reason) Because It should be less crowded during the week.

Although I know this is not the case for everyone (Jeff - I feel your pain!) MOST people can afford a day or two vacation if they know far enough in advance. Weekends can get hectic - and this is a special event that deserves our undivided attention !)

Wednesday it is! Just kidding. :D

hahahaha, you should be doing stand up at the improv :)

Weekdays for me.

Why?

No weekend warriors on the road, somewhat safer to travel, especially if you are coming from a distance.

It would be less crowded on the beach.

There would be far fewer weekend commandos tearing up the beach.

The greater majority of the population can take a day off work if they really want to.

Weekday rates apply at the area motels. (perhaps?)

A weekday will be dryer, warmer and the fish will be in. 'Cuz ya know, the fish take off on the weekends and go out of town with the kids....

Saturday & Sunday will be raining and windy.

I can easily get out of work on a weekend but I generally don't simply because of crowds. This applies pretty much anywhere.

ok, since some seem to preferr weekdays and other weekends, why not a thursday & friday or friday & saturday?

I might be able to-do fridays but mondays to thursdays are tuff for me toget-off

Sam,

I vote for anytime between May 12 to May 19. New moon in on the 16th I believe. I can make it weekend or weekday. Gonna stick around a few more days in search of a giant anyway.

Gonna have to go Saturday.... mostly because I think the majority of the folks here will find it easier to make it down....

Wow, this could get quite interesting! Randy, good thoughts.

So are we considering a 2 day event now!?!? :icon_thumright: Oh my - now we're talkin!

My significant other voted Saturday, so I guess I am voting saturday which is good anyway we both just started new jobs and time off is limited

I vote for Saturday for the same reason that Oliver does...but I'll admit to the REAL reason....SO THAT I CAN BE THERE!!! I had a great time with all of you last year, and look forward to doing it again this year....so please, please, please, please, PLEASE....make it a Saturday:icon_pray: :icon_pray::help::icon_pray::help:

Hmmm, a two-day fling?

Friday & Saturday sound alright.

Ya know, this is only 120 DAYS away, getting close......

Figure 5/11 & 5/12?

Perhaps the folks that live locally can come out for a bit after work on Friday?

Just look for the line of bonfires.

hahahahaha!