12 posts in this topic

Don't know if you do or not (legally), but honestly, I wouldn't think about venturing onto the sand without it. I've seen too many 4x4's get stuck. When out in my dad's truck and leaving the ruts to get to a fishing hole. I know there is no what I'd ever get that truck out if the front wheels weren't grabbing and pulling me out of the rut....

I'll tell you...if one of you guys are hard core enough to drive down the beach to get to a fishin spot, then I'd pull you out....some yahoo tourist who tries it...well I think I'll just drop the tailgate of the truck, fish somewhere close and watch the fun. I will help a 4x4 out, but man, if you're insane enough to drive 4x2 out there, then you deserve to get stuck....But like I said, any of you guys I'd be the first to help out, tow you back to the parking lot, throw you in the back of the truck and take you back out fishing :angel4:

Thanks guys I was just wondering I saw a picture of a 2 wheel drive van on the sand somewhere on the web yesterday Thought it was Assateague

The ruts are just too much IMO, after a good wash over you can hit 50 mph with a 2wd though!

All depends what kinda 2 wheel drive your running ..... I saw a street legal version of one of these sand rail buggies running the sand last May...

watermarkih2.jpg.2563d11b4c869c600456eec

The only 2 wheel drive models I would take out on the beach are made by Nike,New Balance, Reebok or Converse. Maybe if I was feeling the need for adventure I would try out the K-Mart Kickers!

The only 2 wheel drive models I would take out on the beach are made by Nike,New Balance, Reebok or Converse. Maybe if I was feeling the need for adventure I would try out the K-Mart Kickers!

Do you let the air out of your nikes first? down to 4psi? That's what I run and I've never had problems with overheating or getting stuck. I do get hydration problems with bad fuel (read beer).

I have heard of people running 2wd on the beach. I'd bet my ranger would run on the beach, it's light as a feather....but I doubt I could get past the entrance/exit. Lots of soft sand there and a slight incline.

I AM stupid enough to try it.....only if I knew for sure that a picture of me trying to dig it out wouldn't appear on the internet!:angry7: :angry7: :angry7:

The rangers tell me they have heard of people on the beach with 2wd.

I have heard of people running 2wd on the beach. I'd bet my ranger would run on the beach, it's light as a feather....but I doubt I could get past the entrance/exit. Lots of soft sand there and a slight incline.

I AM stupid enough to try it.....only if I knew for sure that a picture of me trying to dig it out wouldn't appear on the internet!:angry7: :angry7: :angry7:

The rangers tell me they have heard of people on the beach with 2wd.

You should give it a try if you don't get your 4wd, make sure one of us is out there with you and give it a go.

Oh come on Phil, little buddy.....

We wouldn't do that to you, would we?????

<snicker>:glasses13:

Ben,

That thought has crossed my mind. Winter would be a good time to have at it, less traffic. The only reason I am getting a different vehicle is to drive the beach. I could buy the orv pass and everything else I need and see what happens. If it doesn't work I haven't really lost anything, just take the sticker and put it on my new wheels. Steve can be there with his camera......:3gears: :3gears: :3gears: :3gears: :3gears: