25 posts in this topic

The earlier I know the better chance I have of making it...

Let's get it started so we have something to look forward to.

Weekday is fine by me.

My vote is to keep it as a "fishing with buddies" event and not a mini-tourney like we had to do before. Either way I will be there and support the cause.

Sam, you are in charge of picking a 70 degree day with wind out of the NE/E/SE in the 12-15 mph range 4 months from now. No rain either, and please make sure it is the peak of the spring run. This should not be a problem because you have a weather station and I gave you choice of 3 wind directions.

How about May 16th?

Wind SSE 7-11 kts, seas 1-3 feet, air temp 77 degrees.

Unfortunately, to give you a nice day, I have to throw in Green Head Flies and biting Black Flies.

Sorry bout that....

I'll hold off on the skeeters for you though, I'm saving them for the summer fling...

How about May 16th?

Wind SSE 7-11 kts, seas 1-3 feet, air temp 77 degrees.

Unfortunately, to give you a nice day, I have to throw in Green Head Flies and biting Black Flies.

Sorry bout that....

I'll hold off on the skeeters for you though, I'm saving them for the summer fling...

SSE? Get it up to 12-15kts and those flies just blow on by...Come on Steve you can do better then that!

I like the time frame though, based on the past few years. The bigguns do come through early though, for action and large early/mid-May is a good choice IMO. I should have a bead on when they are leaving the Chessy but by then it may be too short notice for people. Of course with this winter we may never really have an idea of what is going on.

Sounds good. I'll call the weather gods tonight and get the scoop. No tourney this spring, just a "fling".

Sorry Ben, but ya gotta' take what I have left.

Someone else in another state already reserved the winds you wish.

However, I do have west winds at 5 kts available.

I can give that to you but you'll have to contend with more biting critters including skeeters. I was going to save them for the summer doldrums.

Yer choice big guy....

Hey Sam.... you are also responsible for making sure the fish get the memo!!!!! They didn't get the memo about the fall tourney so I would start now.... as Dave would say we need to litter the ocean floor with missing posters!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously - the earlier I know the better as I'd be reserving the time off from both my day and night jobs - with that in mind I vote for a weekday.

And my two top requests are #1 no rain and #2 plenty of fish all around.

Can't wait! Believe it or not, my wife actually ASKED to come along this time:icon_scratch:

Steve, i think everyone is invited, my understanding from some members is the more the merrier -

I think we'll be there regardless of weekday or weekend, what better do we have to use our vacation time on!

Yes, all are invited. There is nothing closed about our gatherings (thx Ollie!).

Everyone usually brings whatever food they care to bring. We post a list of food and other items needed, wait to see how many are planning to come and then post how much of whatever we think we'll need. Ya know, like if there are 42 people coming we'll plan on summin' like 30-50 pounds of burger, 50-60 hot dogs, etc.....

Most folks bring something of their "specialty". A certain person makes a fantastic caramel chocolate graham cracker thingey, another "special" character always brings 12 year old single malt scotch, so on and so on.....

don't forget the 5 gallons of those oh so special margaritas!!!!!!!