22 posts in this topic

My trip started Thurs in court for my divorce, was gonna leave Thurs evening but after court I just had to have a couple of brews and a couple went to well lets just say I left early friday instead.:happy3:

Hang with me folks, got to kool-ice for my bunker which they left out for me iced down fresh at 5am and off to the beach I went, Friday was a nice day but the fishing was slow couple shorts and some big blues, Sat started out rough as 12oz wouldnt hold but when the tide changed 8s held and eventually went to 6s, Met Beer and we fished until 4pm or so shorts but no blues. Beer caught all the fish to bad no keepers,Nice meeting you Beer. :happy2:

Christmas Eve, got to the orv about 8am and someone had my normal fishing hole so drove on down to another spot I have fished in the past,the beach and water just looked flat no waves no visible cuts or breaks but decided to look around, parked the truck and took a little hike down the beach and came to a spot where there were a zillion broken up sea shells and decided to fish there.

The tide was still coming in and the grass was to. Water was a little brownish but its been alot worse. As the tide changed the grass went away and the fish began to bite. I caught a short and another and another and it was hard keeping up with 3 rods. I am not complaining, just frustrating catching shorts when one of the poles goes and after a couple of minutes a fat 31 inch! Merry Christmas popped a beer and just as I popped the top my other pole goes and this time I mean goes had to run from the truck to get it but luckily the fish was hooked. Fought like a blue but after about 10 minutes what pops up on the beach a 40in fat as all get out Striper. Merry Christmas!!!! Hand scales 32lbs. Had to pop another brew and gather my thoughts after my knees stopped shaking. Went to the house and cleaned the fish so as not to have them in the cooler for the next day.:eusa_dance:

Christmas, had to go back to the same spot, left plenty early because the weather was coming and did I say I wanted that same hole? Weather held out till about 11 am and it was skates and sharks with a few shorts before the tide changed. More shorts and the weather was going down hill, rain and a steady east blow. I had rain gear and it was warm out and I was catching fish, shorts to 27in then a 19in flounder then a big blue and I was thinking about leaving when bam! Rod went down and stayed down. Hooked up and the drag was sailing, This was so cool pouring down rain wind a cookin waves a pounding as was my heart! What felt like an eternity 15 minutes maybe and a 100ft down the beach another big Striper! Pulled it up in the sand and had to take my rod back to the holder cause I couldnt drag it that far. 43 in hand scale 37lbs. FAT! Was gonna leave after that but still had 2 rods out when another pole went. Bluefish then another bluefish then another bluefish then a seagull then I left, sat on the tailgate and gave thanks to the Lord for blessing me on Christmas popped another brew changed clothes and folks, I hope you had a Merry Christmas also! ( no digital camera I do have pics from a regular camera and if I have the pleasure of meeting you all I will have them on hand) Thanks for listening!

wow - someone got some good christmas gifts!!! Congrats!

Man,

What a great trip. That makes up a little about closing on the BIG D. Seems to be more fishing girls out there. Met my partner at a Bar in Williamsburg on Thursday. We got into a conversation with this great looking Blonde beside us. Turns out she is from Outer Banks and loves fishing. Pretty sure she knows her fishing after questioning her hard. Thank goodness she was after my partner.

Awesome post! Great job on the beach. You can't beat those Christmas presents!

Nice story, congrats. Geez maybe I need to get divorced.

LMAO!

Pretty work, BH

I could not imagine a better way to spend christmas.....congrats and great report....

It doesn't get any better than that on Christmas Day. The Lord looking down, the beer, and the fish. Way to go!!

Holly crap,,,Great fishing and catching. What a way to spend the holidays. Congrats!

Those babes would look great on my boat,(in case wife is looking over shoulder) I mean the fish of cource:icon_thumright:

I am turning in the film tommorow and if they can put the pics on a disc I will post them up. Thanks guys and dolls hope everyone had a great holiday!

fished fri eve and most of sat.on fri I caught 3 large sand sharks 3-3.5' I did not know they made them that large. When sat. came did'nt catch a thing all morn. until I met up with Bunker head ( what a god send, he was ) just when I was gonna give it up for the day, for the year he gave me some golden advice and tips on reading water and catching fish. I graciously took that advice and used it to catch my not only first rock fish but 3 rocks and 1 sea gull:angel12: :icon_syda: :happy3: so now I don't know when my last trip of the year is. o-yeah all fish were from 24-26" and were put back, but who cares I caught my first rocks :eusa_dance:

Good job Beer hope to see ya out there I'll be heading out Thur.

I will be there fri/sat

Thanks for the kind words Beer, enjoyed the time spent fishing with you and hope to do it again, CG is the king of the beach, checked out his rigs a couple years ago and thats when I started to tie them short leaders.

Nice write for a nice trip!

Glad you had some "reflection" time...

Since I know how to do this now, The above pic was from Christmas Eve, These are from Christmas Day, Tools of the trade, Fatty on the beach, and found someone to snap one off when I got home.

22940012.jpg.a400316f421db49e805ed6288f8

22940026.jpg.8c8d98f25e76b79f89c3df1aebe

22940001.jpg.d19738eacfd71025af4060c453e