12 posts in this topic

A few flounder are still around. They are mostly in the deeper holes in the bay and 3 to 15 miles offshore around the wrecks. Also some keepers in the inlet and the Rt. 50 Bridge. Croaker schools have scattered. Still some big ones but a little harder to find. A few tog caught in the inlet. Spot and mullet are in the bay. Stripers are at the Rt. 50 Bridge and in the Inlet. Very, very few trout being caught. We weighed in a 34" taken off the Rt. 50 Bridge using live peelers. The surf is producing some flounder, kingfish, croakers, spot, big sharks and rays. A big pompano was taken in the surf.

A big pompano was taken in the surf.

That is unusual! But then again, so is this...

11.jpg

Hi Bev. I would love to get a hold of a large pompano,,,tasty fish! Those bloodworm fishbites work great on them. I caught a mess of them in the OB's but all were very small.

Weighted in a nice flounder today. It was 6 lb. 11 oz. and 25 3/4 inches. Gary Geldmacher caught the fish behind the airport with live small bunker. Friday 2 beautiful sheepshead. They could have looked like twins. The biggest was 23 inches and 6 lb. plus. Sandflea was the ticket at the Inlet. Many small flounder being caught with a few being legal. In the surf still kingfish, croakers, a few flounder, and sharks. Maybe a few red drum will show up this week.

Still some flounder around mostly 3-15 miles offshore, Inlet & Rt. 50 Bridge. Stripers, although mostly shorties, at the Rt. 50 Bridge and in the Inlet. Some small seabass in the Inlet and larger ones at the reefs. More keeper tog are being caught at the reefs, Rt. 50 Bridge, Inlet, between 2nd & 4th Streets, and at 6th Street. Very, very few trout at the Inlet and off the Rt. 50 Bridge mixed with some blues. Hopefully the stripers have started in the surf. Also, there are kingfish, spot, sharks, rays, small blues, short stripers from the beach. The first reported striper of the season was weighed in at Harbor Tackle. Bill Busta of Willards, Maryland came in with a 36 1/2 inch striper caught at Assateague Island using bunker chunks on 10-16-06. Jerry High of Salisbury caught a 46 inch red drum at Assateague 10-19-05.

Looks like the stripers have picked up this past weekend. A 31.5 inch striper was weighed in Saturday morning that was caught on the Rt. 50 Bridge by Greg Brown of Silver Springs. Chris Morawski from Abbington, Md brought in his two stripers that were taken in the Inlet. Both weighted in at 17 lb 15 oz one fish was 38 inches and the other was 37.5 inches.

Several stripers taken off Assateague - Mike Malone 44" 44 lb Monday morning, Phil Krute 36" Saturday night, Don Brown 46" 34.5 lb on Saturday. All the stripers taken from the beach were caught with bunker.

That is great news. Hopefully, I will be able to get some beach time in this week! Thanks Bev

A few stripers have been caught this week at Assateague. Customers have caught 34", 31", 38" stripers. I am hearing about a fish a day. Hopefully this weekend fishing will break loose. The air temperature has dropped and therefore the water temperature should be dropping and maybe better fishing ahead.

Still not much happening. Weighted in a 34" 11 lb 8 oz striper on 11-23-05 caught by Daniel Wagner. He caught the fish at 7 AM on low tide using bunker. Dan said that he saw another one gotten just down the beach from him about the same time as his. Most of my reports have been dogfish, skates, ling. I am still anticipating a big striper catch soon. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Where are the fish? Checked in a few stripers this weekend. Tom Pastori from Ocean City fished the bay and caught two nice keepers. 36" & 37" stripers on eels. Greg Shurr took a 35" 18 lb 3 oz striper from the Assateague Surf. Three fish were caught on Friday. (pictures in photo gallery) Heard about dogfish and skates from the surf. A couple went out on the Morning Star Saturday and had a good day for sea bass. Tog are still in the Inlet, between 2nd & 4th Streets.

Thanks Bev. I'm not sure what's going on with the fishing right now. It seems there were a lot more caught in recent years around this time. I know they are catching them in NC...hmmmm

Dean Truitt of Salisbury just weighted in 2 beautiful stripers at 36" & 37". He caught 5 stripers and 1 bluefish today. The striper sizes are 25", 28", 35", 36", 37" and one 30" bluefish. (picture in photo gallery) Could this be the start?