4 posts in this topic

I went down Nagshead for my fishing trip and went surf fishing on new years eve and the big blues blitzed the beach...AWESOME site to see. They were running bunker on the beach where I was but they were running trout and smaller blues up the beach. People were walking down the beach with coolers and stashing bunker. I caught 15 big blues (13-17 lbs.) in 3 hours on a 10 lb. outfit! They were so close you could spit on them! It was just amazing! I got a couple of pics on my disposable camera but then I lost it somewhere on the beach. That really upsets me because there were other pics on there that I really wanted frokm the striper tournament. Oh well. I talked to some locals down there and they said they haven't had that in 10 years! And to think, I almost didn't go.

Sounds like a great trip!,,,Excellent catching :D ,,,makes me want to head down there this weekend.

I've seen that at the OC Inlet. Very cool, but they were only about 5 lbs max. Fun to watch.

sounds awesome wish i was there been doing some trout fishing her in PA, fun but nothing like a good blue tightlines ya'll