Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Admin

Vintage Assateague

10 posts in this topic

That's what I'm talking about! Now I have a winter project! :D

rig up a chair that hooks on the back of a hitch that swivels,,,you can laugh but I had a huge ray on one day and my back, legs, and arms were killing me,,,after 30 + minutes, never got her in,,,the ray was wearing me out and I started to tighten the drag to get her in before I would collapse,,,snap!,,,How about that one night Sam, with my brother, when you hooked into a monster ray,,,you were hurting bad and eventually with all the tension in that line, she broke,,,that battle could of went over an hour,,,no kidding,,,that chair would make it more comfortable to fight one of those monsters,,,when you are hurting, you have a tendency to tighten the drag to get her in before your body just cant take it anymore,,,the back takes a beating,,,the only problem I see is if the beast runs down the beach,,,I may just consider it,,,may look a little foolish but there are times when I think we may need one,,,dont laugh!,,,its true!

How about this on the back of my pick up,,,you think Iam kidding?

tunachair-1.jpg

I am doing some searches,,,I'll find more! How much longer till shark season? :D

Here is a free standing one,,,only problem, legs would sink into the sand,,,could put it in the back of the pick up. Much more reasonable than that $4,000.00 chair :o .

clear.gif

there are some guys that do that on Hatteras. just back your truck up and your ready to fight for a few hours. comes in handy if you get one just a little bigger that you expected and you have to run down the beach.

Awesome! I'm telling you all, unless you have fought one of these monsters, don't knock it.

clear.gif

Aye, fought one, I did Matey.....

It was a foggy night outside the pub down by me ship.

Into the baar she walks, tail a swishin' and wings a' flappin'.

Meanness in 'er eyes she had...

And a sting in 'er swing to boot...

Arghh, a fight she did put up....

And that's how I got this patch on me eye and a peg on me lower timbers.

Um, wait a minute....

Oh, one of THOSE?

Nope, not yet...