50 posts in this topic

:) It seemed to be a pretty slow November over all,,, there were some stripers, a few big blues and croakers caught,,,hopefully we will still see some action into December, limited as it is right now,,,who knows, maybe December will be a great month of fishing!

Feel free to post your fishing reports here. Get on the beach and have fun!

I sure hope this month is better. Scott, have you been keeping track of the action north & south of us? Usually, that is a good indicator. :wink:

Sam, it appears there is little to no action on the new jersey beaches, but those heading out in boats are having some success,,,there were some late season reports of stripers in the new england area,,,fish caught in mid and late October in the northern parts and mid November in the southern parts,,,My one brother was going to go out in the lower bay on a charter but couldn't make it, but his friend did go out and he said they had a tough time finding large,,,the exact same time last year, they were into large and reached there limit quick,,,With the fish still migrating, I beleive there is some good fishing ahead of us, providing water temps dont plummit on the shore,,,its been a very strange summer, in that water temps were very warm up in new england, 5* up too as much as 10* above normal, and I beleive this has had an impact on fishing throughout our beaches for the fall run,,,not only that, but we had 2 weeks of gale and storm force winds probably at the beginning of there run,,,so where the heck are they?,,,are they running late or just hanging out further offshore,,,I think both,,,we havent even seen a good run of chomper blues,,,there were a few days where chompers were caught but nothing like last year,,,so there is something going on that we dont fully understand,,,if fish could only talk :).

Fished today with my bro,,,good company, no stripers or blues,,,Ray did manage to get a croaker in early am and plenty of skates and dogfish,,,Man, did it get windy around noon.

oh man... thanks for the reports, scott....

based on Betty and Nicks tackle shop in IBSP New Jersey the fishing around there has been pretty good. I like to fish there it's a shorter drive and good fishing

tight line ya'll :D

Folks, its not over yet :D !

Fished this morning only for a few hours before work at AI,,,had to be at work at noon and was considering not even going out,,,it was cold this am, thermometer said 24,,,after waking up, and getting the kids ready for school, decided to give it a go,,,I am glad I did!! Picked up bait at Harbor Tackle and headed to the beach,,,as soon as I got on the beach, around 9am, saw a mess of birds working outside the bar and said what the heck, this is as good as a place as any. It was cold with an off shore wind but not that numbing wind. Around 10am the birds were gone and figured it was going to be a skunkless morning,,,I mean, I can fish 8 hours and only catch one, what are the odds that I would catch one within three hours,,,after 11am, all hell broke loose,,,by far, I had the most fun fishing I have ever had,,,none were keepers but they were fat and strong,,,first one was 27", then a 25", then a 26", lost two others in between,,,this all occurred within a hour,,,in fact I thought they were going to be over 28" by the way they were fighting,,,caught a few skates in between the stripers,,,with all that action, the cold wasnt even a factor,,,it felt like the end of october and was oblivios to the cold, in fact I worked up a sweat,,,man, what a fun hour! Hade to be at work by noon and left the beach at 11:55,,,didnt want to go,,,left them biting! I am off work tomorrow,,,guess were I am going to be! I will post pics when I get home after work,,,man,,,what a morning!

That sounds awesome, man! Congrats :D

Here are the pics of today:

First thing when I pulled up, saw birds working :D .

birds-1.jpg

After the birds left caught a few of these, this was the first one and the largest out of the bunch,,,super fat!

winterstriper-1.jpg

Nothing like catching fish in December :D .

Nice. I was planning on going out tomorrow. No can do now. Carrie scheduled a bunch of calls. :?

I wan't some December action too. Scott, when else are you gonna try to head out?

Hey Sam,,,all day tomorrow and again friday morning if the wind doesnt create a river of current,,,gotta work at noon,,,probably will fish a few hours before or after work a couple days next week and all day on friday,,,missed having you out there buddy,,,sounds like you have a busy work schedule and am sure that flu didnt help matters. As long as there is some action,,,I am fishing!

It's still not over,,,Another awsome day!,,,Another perfect cold day,,,fished again today in the exact same spot,,,almost had a duplicate day of Wednesday except I put in more time, 7 hours, but all fish hit an hour or so before high tide,,,the exact same thing happened yesterday,,,caught a 28", 25", and a 20" today,,,the cool thing is that I caught the 20" on a hopkins,,,never tried throwing lures from the beach for stripers, but figured I caught a couple stripers within a hour and decided to give it a shot,,,I even brought my 5500s and my short ugly stick just in case,,,first cast, 20" in close,,,couldnt beleive it,,,awsome!,,,threw for over an hour until my hands were numb and gave up,,,action stopped after 1:00 on all rods,,,a great December day!,,,all fish were fat and did take the 28" home for dinner,,,was hoping to head out in the am tomorrow, but winds could be a factor,,,bummer.

28" on cut bunker

winstripe-1.jpg

20" on hopkins

lurestrip-1.jpg

that's what its all about! Great job on the hopkins catch. I really should hit the inlet and see what's biting. I bet the shorties are bitting good. :D

:D Not to sound like a broken record, but the fishing is excellent again today on the beach in the exact same spot,,,I took my family to the movies and ran into Sam and his family,,,I had no intentions of going out for a long day of fishing on a Saturday, but after talking to Sam, he said he was going out to fish Saturday morning,,,of course, I turned too my wife and asked for fishing permision,,,she gave me the thumbs up and told Sam I am there!,,,a great morning, calm winds but it started to get a little chilly in the early afternoon with the breeze,,,fished from 9am until 2pm,,,caught 16", 22", 23", and 32" in that order,,,all fish were real pigs for their size,,,these past two or three weeks have been some good fishing, tho many are shorts, there are some larger ones mixed in,,,also heard of another large caught today,,,I switched to smaller hooks, 6/0 circles after getting bites but not able to get a hook up,,,maybe missed 3 or 4 small fish and lost one that was larger,,,caught the 32" just before leaving in high water,,,told my wife I would be home by 2,,,caught the 32" at 2,,packed up and got the heck outta there,,,I didnt want to leave,,,after all, how much longer will this last, and the fish being caught were getting bigger,,,awsome day! Sam, thanks for the bait,,,man, I hope this continues into next week and longer,,,good company and good fishing,,,life is good!

32" striper

morestripe-1.jpg

16"striper

16striper-1.jpg

Fun times man. Not a bite for 3 hours after you left and it didn't get any warmer. I am cooking some rockfish right now in the oven! You are right, life is good...

I'm gonna try and head out at least 3 times this next week. I was very surprised how long the bait stayed on the hook. Water temps are cold enough I guess. No skates and no doggies. :D

:D fish are still there,,,freezing cold in the early am with N,NE winds,,,fished only three hours and caught three small, but fat/strong fish, 1 - 18", 2 - 23",,,used 10's when I first got there and then switched to 8's,,,I cringed everytime I had to reel in the rod, rebait and then cast,,,hands were numb but it's still fun regardless of size!,,,when I had a fish on, the cold didnt bother me,,,I guess the excitement of a fish on, keeps you warm,,,hoping this se blow will bring in some size and warmer water,,,heading out tomorrow after work in the wind and rain,,,friday could be the day to get something larger,,,hopefully the current won't be bad.

Ok Scott, you've gone way past entertainment value. :D

You need to seek professional help for your head! :lol::lol:

Steve, I am having to much fun :D ,,,the sand was actually frozen this morning,,,Brrrrrr,,,todays cold striper:

coldstr-1.jpg

Nice Job, Scott. I am looking forward to Friday. :D

Fished this afternoon in the wind and rain,,,nothing,,,not even a bite,,,hopefully the mojo comes back tomorrow,,,it sure did look fishy.

decrods-1.jpg

Went out today and was greeted to a huge swell,,,current was rolling,,,did find a hole where 12 was drifting but still wasnt holding,,,didnt see any you guys this morning,,,you made a wise choice,,,Huge waves and current!

perwave-1.jpg

rough-1.jpg

breaksh-1.jpg

Dang Scott, ya should have had your surfboard! :shock:

Good pics, especially the last one.