10 posts in this topic

Okay guys, I have just spoken with the “Far out Casting” representative and he is scheduled to do a demo tomorrow, Nov. 17 at South Ocean Beach on Assateague Island. Come on out and check it out. Bring your fishing poles because we will be fishing too.

We should be setting up at 3:00 pm and fishing until we get tired! I’ll get pictures and info for those of you who can’t make it.

Sam, Not to sound like a stoop but what is "far out casting" about? Is it how to cast, or types of equipment, rigs?

If ya really wanna' toss one out there just make a potato gun and use a sabot. Lots cheaper than the price stated above too. That thing will shoot apples an easy half mile.

Personally, I like yaking it out better.

It's not considered a firearm so the NPS "shouldn't" have a problem with it.

It is an air pressured casting system. I'm not too sure what is involved, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow. :D

Did anybody have comment on this Demo when they came back. I wish I could have made it. I got a lot of questions. Like to hear from sombody that was there .Robt.

It was pretty powerful. It would shoot out baits at least 125 yards. The baits were already frozen into cylindrical shaped tubed approximately 10" long and 2" thick. It comes with an air compressor which takes approx 10 min to charge the tank.

The Pros:

Very far casts

Good for people who have trouble casting (handicapped)

Cold weather distance

The Cons:

Bait had to be frozen (no fresh)

One cast per tank

Kind of bulky

Only uses spinning rods

Price ($1,299.00)

In my opinion, this could be good for sharking. Not practical for everyday fishing.

Thanks Sam I was wondering about the reel. I didnt think you could use a conventional. I dont know mabe there would be some way to control the spool. I'd hate try to thumb the spool. Hehe. Anyway thanks for the comeback. Robt.

I can think of too many better things to do with $1300.

I can buy 362 big shark hooks including tax, 17,500 feet of #15 Mailn, etc, etc, etc....

Not to mention 8 - 9/0 Penn full set ups.

If one really wants to, you can build one yourself with some 4" schedule 600, an end cap and a piezeo lighter.

Can we say potato gun???

And that will cost what? Maybe 20 bucks?

I'm sure the far out idea is a good one and perhaps a nicely made item.

I just can't do 1300, maybe 200.....