23 posts in this topic

you knew it had to rain, its a holiday weekend!

we haven't had hardly any rain and it waits till this weekend.... go figure

Kinda stinks we're getting this over the Long Holiday weekend...

But, we certainly need the rain.

yeah, the lawns I cut really haven't needed cutting since july

well, it works out for me since I'm on call this weekend. I can't go anywhere anyhow.....I just hope everything is quiet in two weeks when I'm out on Assateague for two weekends in a row

I hope someone takes lots of pictures of Ernesto in action on AI.

track keep headin west, might luck out

Well what can I say rain brings people into my bar and keeps some off the beach ( not me ) having a Storm come Thu sometimes I think helps change the structure of the coast line and can help fishing or hurt it's hard to argue with mother nature we'll just have to wait and find out

so what do you guys think? 16&bait tomorrow? 24? :eusa_think: :tongue:

Even up here in PA - with the flooding predicted my wife and I are taking bets about how far up our yard the stream is going to come...Her garden is the current high water mark....

GALE WARNING NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY

EVENING

TODAY

E WINDS 25 TO 30 KT...BECOMING SE 30 TO 35 KT. GUSTS UP

TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT...BUILDING TO 13 TO 15 FT IN THE LATE

MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF TSTMS.

TONIGHT

SE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 45 KT...

BECOMING S 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 30 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SEAS 13 TO 15 FT...SUBSIDING TO 11 TO 13 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF TSTMS IN THE EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

oh well, no boating this hoilday so Im heading west to the mountians to-do some pre-season scouting for hunting season, should be a wet 1:D

take your shotgun randy, early goose season opened today

nope, no guns this weekend, only shooting I'll be doing is wth a vidieo and still cameras :tongue: bow season opens in 2 weeks so we should be ready:) ....wait......isnt it still fishing season:eusa_eh: .....Im so confused at this time of the year:roll: ...Im glad the Mustang is still in Norfolk or I'd REALLY have a problem :eusa_wall:

Yea Randy pumped to the max for the 15th. Hunt during the week and fish weekends. I am lucky cause I hunt at Ft Meade 2miles from my work so I can be in a tree by 5 pm. With every one using crossbows these days I feel like the only one left with a compound. Since our deer are not on farms I look for the first Sept acorns. There is one black oak that seems to produce every year early. I think the White Oaks should be good this year. Sure would like to bag one early like last year. Those skeeters drive me nuts though.

I've been shooting since June in the basement...I can't miss at 17 yards...need to practice out to 30 this weekend and next. I picked up some nice heavily populated "nuissance" spots to hunt this year, meat won't be a problem...it's the horns I don't know about. I usually don't hunt hard in Sept/early Oct because I like to save my wife passes for November. This year I won't have to hunt hard to put some in the freezer, I'll put most of my effort to parking my can on the beach. I hear that drum drummin...

I usually don't hunt hard in Sept/early Oct because I like to save my wife passes for November.

:lol: :eusa_clap: That's good way of putting it!

LOL Thank god my wife does not know about passes, so nobody tell her OK.

Anyway since I can't fish I'm cooking up some stuffed Rock fish tonight for dinner for the wife a long with some home made Spring rolls for an app. and for desert Apple pie. Man I need to FISH....