7 posts in this topic

I have a Ford Ranger that is 2wd. :evil: :evil: :evil: I just can't swing a 4wd vehicle yet, (college payments) I wish I had gotten this surf fishing bug two years ago when I bought my Ranger. I have had people tell me that I can take the Ranger out on the sand. I have no idea if this is possible, but here is what I can tell you about my truck. It is VERY light in the rear, will slip and slide during rainstorms if your not carefull, and going out in a snowstorm is a problem.

The story I get is that since it is so light it will not dig into the sand and just coast along. Does this sound right to you guys? I could beef up the tires a little for more tread and then air down and give it a go.

Walking a beach cart out to the north end is making me nuts!

Hello Derf! Welcome aboard, glad to have your expertise here with us. We can always use more good help.

Esox, no, don't try it.

You'll waste $70.00 on the ORV permit doing it and a little bit of embarrassment when getting pulled out.

I know lugging the stuff over the dune is a bite, been there, done that.

Just let us know when you'll be out, there's a 98% chance one of us will be there and happy to give ya a ride down with us.

K?

Esoxangler, I wouldnt even attempt it, tho I have heard its been done,,,you would spend more time digging yourself out and have people pulling you out.

Derf, Good to see you posting :D .

Man, you guys are bringing me down! :lol::lol::lol: As always, thanks for helping me out. I kinda figured that was the response I would get.

I gotta look on the bright side, hauling that cart around is at least giving me some good exercise. Who knows, maybe over the winter I can wear the wife down about getting a new truck. :wink:

Have her pull the cart around and you'll have your truck before Thanksgiving. :lol:

You have to provide justification to her for getting it. Like gathering your own firewood instead of paying to have it delivered, getting dirt for a backyard landscaping project or to fill in the garden, going antique shopping (yuck).

You don't need to go hog wild and get something like mine. Right now you can get great deals on Explorers with a flip-down DVD in the back or even an Escape with a rear power point and 7 channel stereo. Those will fit the bill and she can drive them with no problem parking it.

I put wood, drywall, dirt, mulch, antiques, etc in the bed. I do a fair amount of hauling for lady-like projects.

yeah, buy her a new suv, i did it, now we both have a 4x4, just have to decide which one to beach tag