5 posts in this topic

Got my first striper of the fall! A nice fish, 36". Got a lot of family meeting in Berlin for Thanksgiving, nice to have rockfish over the holidays. Caught it Saturday evening, just about sundown on the north end of the orv on a bunker slab.

Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on this surf fishing thing!

I will be back on Thanksgiving weekend to try for another one! You guys do me a favor and catch all the skates/sharks/crabs before I get back there. :D

Congrats! That is a nice rockfish. Did you get a picture? I'm glad your patience paid off. :D

Sam,

I got a picture but have no idea how to post a picture. Lots of people out over the weekend! Great weather. Forgot one thing, just as I beach and pick up the fish my phone starts to ring. I put the rod in the holder and answer the call. My brother-in-law tells me he just got a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue from a client and wants me to come over!

I'm the one who talked to you a couple of weeks ago with the beach cart. My problem is if I catch a fish that I want to keep I can't stay on the beach, the fish won't fit in the cooler!

I was fishing that area close to where I saw you, just a little south. It looks like good water to me but that is the first striper I have caught there.

Good catch man. You wheel a cart out there, you deserve to catch some good eating in my opinion. Good luck over Thanksgiving. :)

:D Nothing like getting your first striper of the season,,,congrats,,,I am sure there will be more for you this season.