Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
laiyongcai92

he hottest team in the NHL,

1 post in this topic

The Buffalo Sabres J.T. Brown Jersey Womens , t come to Detroit on Saturday to face a team that has also ignited after a horrible start to the season.The Detroit Red Wings have gone 9-3-0 after leaving the gate a dreadful 1-7-2.“We needed to make up some ground for the start we had,” Detroit center Dylan Larkin told the team’s website. “We know that. We’ve done a good job the past month.”Article continues below ...Yet as impressive as Detroit’s turnaround has been, it pales in comparison with the Sabres’ run of success.“I’m excited to see what they got, excited to match up against them,” Detroit forward Justin Abdelkader said. “It’s going to be a great test.”Friday’s 3-2 overtime win over the Montreal Canadiens was Buffalo’s eighth straight victory. They are closing in on some hallowed ground in franchise history.In 1976-77 and 1979-80, the Sabres won nine in a row. In 1983-84 and 2006-07, Buffalo put together club-record 10-game winning streaks.Jeff Skinner scored two goals in Friday’s win, giving him 17 for the season and a tie for the NHL lead. He found the net with 2:26 left in regulation to tie the score and added the winner on the power play at 3:06 of overtime.“I don’t think I’ve ever won eight straight, so that’s a good thing Tomas Plekanec Jersey Womens ,” Skinner told WKBW. “You try to produce offensively to help the team win. As long as you’re contributing to wins, I think it’s a good feeling.“We want to try and keep it going.”With 10 goals in Buffalo’s first 16 games, Skinner reached the 10-goal mark quicker than any Sabres player since Thomas Vanek (10 games) in 2012-13. Vanek currently plays for the Wings.Buffalo is 10-0-2 when scoring first this season, but the Sabres have come back to win six times during their eight-game winning streak.Sabres goalie Carter Hutton has won seven games in a row.“I think we’re enjoying it for sure, and we don’t want to lose,” Sabres captain Jack Eichel said. “I mean, who wants to lose? You want to go out and try to win every game you play.“We’ve got another tough test (Saturday) against Detroit, a team that’s playing really well.”The Wings did the opposite of the Sabres on Friday, squandering a 1-0 lead and falling 3-1 on the road to the defending Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals.“I think every game we just prove to ourselves that when we play, we’re as good as anybody in the league and we’ve just got to play Tomas Tatar Jersey Womens ,” Detroit coach Jeff Blashill said. “I thought we played a good hockey game.“I’m not disappointed in how we played, I’m disappointed in the result.”Still seeking to claw their way into a playoff position, the Red Wings are in the midst of a four-game stretch (Boston, Washington, Buffalo, Columbus) against teams ahead of them in the Eastern Conference.“Buff’s a real good team,” Blashill said. “They’ve got a number of good, high (draft) picks that are starting to come into their own.“Certainly Eichel’s at an age here where I’ve coached him, I know how talented he is. He’s as talented as anybody in the league. It looks like he’s playing real good. He’s certainly not alone.“It’ll be a good challenge. But that’s what the league is every night. We’ve got to make sure we come back and play another great game.”The Red Wings are 9-3-0 in their last 12 games. Only Calgary (six) and Buffalo (five) have more wins than Detroit (four) when trailing after two periods. RALEIGH, N.C. — Something good could be brewing for the Carolina Hurricanes even though it took time for it to materialize during a lengthy stretch of home games.“The bounces have started going our way a little bit Tom Kuhnhackl Jersey Womens ,” Carolina coach Rod Brind’Amour said.Carolina takes on the visiting Florida Panthers on Friday night at PNC Arena.Article continues below ...The Hurricanes are 3-1-1 with one game to go in a six-game homestand. The Hurricanes will go for their first three-game winning streak since the opening week-plus of the season.The Panthers didn’t enjoy quite the boost of momentum heading to the Thanksgiving holiday.Florida gave up a season-high number of goals in Wednesday night’s 7-3 loss at Tampa Bay. The Panthers are 2-3 with one game remaining on a six-game road swing.“We have to find a way,” Florida coach Bob Boughner said, shying away from excuses.Panthers left winger Mike Hoffman stretched his points streak to 17 games, but that was merely a highlight without much juice from the team perspective.“When we’re not on top of our game … you’ll have outcomes like that,” Hoffman said. Meanwhile, by defeating the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-2 on Wednesday night, it was clearly a lift that might have an impact that extends beyond a single game for the Hurricanes.“We wanted to make a statement that we could play with any team,” said left winger Micheal Ferland, who leads Carolina with 11 goals.The Hurricanes outshot the Maple Leafs 29-11 in the first period, marking the most single-period shots on goal by Carolina in team history (since relocation to North Carolina more than 20 years ago). The Hurricanes’ 29 shots are also the most in a first period in the NHL since 1997-98.That shot load eventually paid off.“Everybody was on fire there Anthony Beauvillier Jersey Womens ,” right winger Andrei Svechnikov said. “… That’s why we won, because we shot everything on the net.”Carolina’s special teams have been scrutinized so far this season. There are reasons for encouragement in that area with its first power-play goal in a three-game stretch in the latest outing. Plus, the penalty-killing was spotless for the second game in a row.The Panthers liked some of their specials teams work in the Tampa Bay game. That might be something for them to build off.“We made some adjustments and we were good after that,” Boughner, a former Carolina player, said of one of the bright spots.Justin Williams scored his 100th career Hurricanes goal Wednesday, giving him goals in consecutive games. He became the ninth player in NHL history to score at least 100 goals and win the Stanley Cup with multiple franchises. Williams has 100 goals in 368 games with Carolina and recorded 103 goals in 427 games for the Los Angeles Kings.The other good news for the Hurricanes was having center Victor Rask in the lineup for the first time this season Wednesday night. He had been out since a preseason off-ice finger injury.“He didn’t play much, but the shifts he had were productive,” Brind’Amour said. “I think we’ll still probably ease him in a little bit. He’s probably right where he needs to be. There’s no real rush.”