18 posts in this topic

I am heading out Saturday and Sunday. I figure to start fishing at about 4:00pm. Fish the tide at low, all thru the incomming, top of high, and the start of outgoing till around midnight unless the fish keep me there.

I figure the tides are at a pretty good time for this weekend. What stage of tide do you guys like to fish? I always like the high at dusk or after.

Maybe get into some stripers, maybe some blues before dark. I never have any luck with blues after dark, anyone else see that?

I sure hope you guys catch all the skates before I get there. :D

I hope someone gets into some big fish this weekend.

Eso, I always like fishing a few hours before and after the highest of high tides for that day. I think the highest tide height for Saturday is at 9:27am @ 4.6. Thats alot of water at high tide. PM high tide is at 9:47 pm @ only 3.1. I like fishing the deepest of high tides but sometimes its just tough to coordinate fishing with water height. With all that being said, you can still catch stripers on any tide. You should come on down Tuesday,,,fishing all day and into the night,,,I am not leaving until I get a striper,,,could be there for days :D .

Scott, you going to the top end or further down?

I'm planning on being there Tuesday before dawn.

Sam, can you make it?

All I have is frozen, will need some fresh bait....

If you head over and Bev is open, can ya get me some too?

Coop,

Thanks for the tip on the tides. I am just a weekend warrior at this point. I live in Germantown,Md. About three hours away. But I have a house to stay at in Berlin.

If you guys see someone walking around with a beach cart, that would be me.

Esox,

I'm probably heading down Tuesday morning, departure about 2 am. I'm in Rockville, you are welcome to come along with me for the day. Split the fuel cost. I can pick you up.

Iam heading for Baltimore tomorrow for a short weekend with the Ms's to see Evita at the Hippodrome, anyone else want to go? :lol: . Planning on stopping at Kool Ice on the way up to pick up bunker, was going to stop on the way back, but they are closed on Sunday,,,I'll ice and salt em down good so they are nice and crispy,,,I will have plenty, I just hope they have bunker on Saturday. I am not sure where I am going to be, probabaly the northern part,,,first huge hole or cut I find and plan on camping there until I get one :D ,,,of course if there is no wave action, I guess I'll just make an educated guess on the area to fish. I may have to take the kids to the bus stop in the am ( probably wouldnt be at the beach until 7:30), but may try to get the wife to drop them off so I can get there at dawn as well,,,I think low tide is around dawn and would be ideal to hunt for a some good fishing grounds. We may have to do a little wagering :D ,,,first striper, biggest striper, first blue, biggest blue.

Sounds good Scott....

I'll be at the top end Tues morn, blue F-250, no cap.

Any mullet in the surf?

Steve,

Thanks for the offer! Can't make it however.I am doing some painting for my father-in-law in Berlin this weekend and next. I figure to head back to Germantown early Monday morning. Gotta get back to work. I will be back next Saturday morning.

Coop,

Since I have no 4wd I have been doing the walkover thing. I can't get a fish to go on the northern end to save my life! Some good looking water there too. All my good fortune has been north of north ocean beach. Maybe I just have not hit it right yet. I may take your advice and try Saturday morning for a couple hours.

Just called Kool ice,,,they have plenty of bunker :D

Sounds cool Esox. got the skunk last sunday myself. Paintin huh, sounds like a work/fun trade off to me. Good luck next time you go. I also have a 4 wheel drive permit, so let it be known on the board when you are headin out, might be able to hook up sometime and take you to where the fish are at. Same goes for every one else. looking to meet somebody soon. I think I said Hi to CG last spring. It was the weekend he made a post about working hard for a spiny dogfish in april last spring on SOL . ...

I have the bunker,,,for some reason a few seemed mushy to me as I was putting them into the cooler :? ,,,they said they were fresh,,,majority of them are firm and are now imbedded in a cooler of ice and salt,,,chomper come out on Tuesday if you can,,,hope to see you guys out there tuesday morning, high tide around 12:30pm,,,the Ms's said she would take the kids to the bus stop and pick them up :D ,,,fishing permission into the night also :D ,,,will be there just before the sunrise or if I cant sleep,,,sooner.

What time is sunrise there?

I'll be there about 5:30 - 6:00 am.

I've got some frozen I'll toss out there before you get there.

Meet'cha at the top end Scott...

Sam? You coming?

Anybody else needin' a ride onto the sand lemme' know.

Steve, may go out around midnight and get a jump sart in feeding the crabs,,,Sam,,,you heading out? May be down about a mile or so,,,cya out there.

I'll come out sometime in the early am. Scott, should i pick up bait :?:

It is a nasty one. I thought I would shake it, but it hit me like a ton of bricks late monday evening. Next time... :D