16 posts in this topic

What can I say-- I drink beer, I drink other peoples beer, My dog sniffs coolers for beer. So why not cook with it?

I was late getting on this bandwagon but what a great way to roast a chicken on the grill with a can of cold Budweiser?

Tonight... two organic roasting chickens, coated with salt & fresh cracked pepper and butter and olive oil.

Inside half a lemon cut again in half, fresh thyme, two cloves of garlic, more salt and pepper and on a hot grill, place a can of Bud... the regular size, not the tall ones and take two big gulps and sit the chicken on the can and cover. (Take two to three gulps so that the beer does not overflow onto the coals-we are steaming not putting out fires)

Chicken is done when the tempeture betweenthe leg and thigh is 180--It rises a bit so you can take it off right before it hits the 180 mark.

This is an easy, easy dish just resist the urge to peak and let the bird cook!

Man I been wanting to do that just might have to next weekend.. :)

BEER CAN CHICKEN ON THE GRILL IS AWESOME!

My wife Kicks ROYAL ar$e on making this!

Yeah it is, I have a whole cook book dedicated to Beer Can Chicken...I can get some of the better ones and let you guys try them out

Steve, what time?

Beer Can Chicken is awesome!!!! try it with lime juice and a corona in a can:cool:

clear.gifclear.gif2 thumbs up for beer can chicken:eusa_clap:

I'll tell you what... They were so good! I even took pictures which I'll post a bit later!

Wow, they look great! I'm going to have to try it soon.

Bringing this recipe alive again tonight! One thing I like to do beforehand is brine the chicken in salt water and apple cider vinegar overnight. Pics to come..

Also, adding a little paprika to the rub gives it color.

Ingredients:

beer-can-chicken-1.jpg.dc409c5e347da1694

On the Grill:

beer-can-chicken.jpg.f11629c749faf374f40

Good stuff that! Thanks for bringing this up again. The wife and I've always called it "Beer Butt Chicken" but "A rose by any other name" . . . and yup, indirect cooking as Weber calls it. YUM!

A fantastic chicken recipe from years ago involving beer? Now, this is what I call timeless! I'll try this out one of these days. :D