12 posts in this topic

Listen up :D

Steve brought some smoked bluefish out to the beach the other night and I just happen to be starving to death and was very thankful!

We should pick a weekend day to have our families out for a fish bake one afternoon/evening. I'll supply the firewood and drinks, but we need someone there who can catch fish! Lets do it before it gets toooo cold and we all turn into cough potatoes. It would be nice meeting everyone! We could have it on the North end so people without an ORV could walk over the dunes and join us. Let me know what you all think. :?:

Sam ,

If you do this on a weekend I'd be glad to meet you guys. I can bring anything along that is needed. I will be down at AI just about all weekends in November.

I don't have 4wd so I would have to walk over. No problem there however.

Yeah, that smoked Blue is good, ain't it!

You'll bring the drinks?

Great!

I drink Cognac, Louis the XVI, about $700.00 a bottle.

:lol::lol:

I'd opt for a weekday but will go with what the majority wants.

Perhaps plan for a Saturday with a rain/wind date of the next day. Can make a final wx decision on Thursday before. I know that's not much notice but Mom Nature is quite unpredictable this time of year.

Expecting flurries just to the northwest of me tonight. :roll:

I just hope it's not too late in the season, as man, it is getting COLD out there! I can't believe all of this rain and wind! If we do this, we have to do it soon, so let's just make a date and those who can come, will and those who can't, well, maybe next year!

Don't count on me for catching any fish, though!

Janice

you mean give up this life behind the screen and actually meet people and fish? are you crazy!

lol. it does sound like fun. but two questions

whos gonna catch the fish?

whos gona beat mother nature into cooperating with the rain?

lets here a date!

Well, this weekend looks nasty... Again... Coop, what do you think? :?:

Sounds like a good plan,,,my schedule is so screwy,,,open and close (alternate) on Saturdays and off every other Sunday. Just let me know on what day and I'll try to schedule around it,,,My daughters birthday is coming up in Nov and taking the wife away for a short weekend so I have already moved my schedule around. I am sure I can catch a few skates and dogfish for the grill :D .

That Skate sounds good, seen a few recipes for it. My problem is, I can't skin a Flounder so I sure can't skin a Skate.

The best way to cook a skate:

Cut off the tail, scrape off the spines and nail it to a piece of hard wood such as oak. Sprinkle salt, peppler, lemon and Old Bay for season. Bake in the oven on LOW heat *240* for at least 7 hours.

Then, take out the skate, remove it from the board and eat the board.

Enjoy! :lol:

Sam,,,what happened to this idea,,,seemed like a good one,,,It would be a good time all of us getting together,,,if not in the fall, we should do something in the summer with families, shark related fishing expo,,,have a big cook out, rent a big party tent for shade, set up a volleyball net, and people with yaks can yak out baits,,,we can do it on the north end early am to grab some beach space and we can go into the evening, skeeters pending,,,just a future idea, if not now, maybe the summer.

I still want to do it this month. I have been waiting for a good weekend (weather), but you know how that goes. I'll check into it today.

Sam,

Nice meeting you last weekend! I will be out again this weekend and give it another go. So far nothing but sharks/skates for me. I hear there are some more stripers along with blues being caught.

If you put something together for this weekend I wil be there. With my work schedule I will be fishing from 4:00 pm till midnight or so Saturday and Sunday.