Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mrscharms

How Cold do you Fish??

11 posts in this topic

I mean, how cold weather wise, are you willing to go out? It's been getting mighty "frisky" out there and not sure how much longer I can go out! Bad weather again coming in tomorrow night through Tuesday..and I have to work outside on Tuesday morning : (

Janice

some of the best rock fishin in the bay is in december

Myself, I go out till I cant catch anything. Of course, I drive my vehicle on the beach and park. The rods are in the holder attached to the vehicle and I am inside with the heater going. LOL

Coop and I enjoyed a very chilly night on the beach last night. We got so cold, we had to light a fire using some old firewood I had in my jeep. I ended up leaving around 3am, no fish. Brrrr! I've still got the chills! :D

nad jst remember those crazy duckhunters dont usually go until the weather gets real bad. nothin like duckin in the snow and rain

January is a bust for me but February holds Yelow Perch in the rivers. I've fished with sleet and snow stinging my face.

Best thing about cold weather fishing is the fire is always warm and the beer stays cold!

It's funny. No matter how cold it gets out there, when you have a nice fish on, you forget all about it.

Sam, yeah I know exactly what ya mean. I know this is a fishing forum and don't mean to get off track but......It's like when you're out in the snow or freezing rain out hunting FREEZING and then a deer comes visible. It doesn't even need to be in shooting range, it's like you get tunnel vision and and you completely forget about the elements around you. Awsome feeling man.......it also is the best time of year to free up space in the fridge. You get to keep the cold beers cold outside. Hope everyone gets to hook into some of those monster stripers that are soon to come. Take it easy everyone.

Scott

Boy, I would just love to try fishing on the beach (never tried that!) in the cold with a roaring fire going! Sounds like great fun!!!

I wanna go! Man, great story. It sounds like you had a blast.

Pier_man0909, wow that sounds like an absolutely remarkable day. Cmoooon MEGA millions.... :!: You know when some says "could you imagine winning". And most of the time the answer is "no way". Well lemme tell ya somethin, the fishing you just described is exactly what I'd be doing. Hope you hang into them again when you and your buds go back out.