Randy Stinchcomb

New Wave Charkin' Rigs....

19 posts in this topic

pic #1

darn, no photo:eusa_wall:

standy by:eusa_doh: ...................gonna' have to wait for help:D

ok pics are some rigs I put together, go or no-go:?:

the 2 wth the plastic squids could use the next size-up squidlit's but you get the idea:eusa_eh: the 2 circles wth the Sea Whitch's on them have the S/W's on inverted of how it would look like be trolled over a bait(J hook is rigged that way), but still work well like this, good I think:cool:

I would like to have make up more shark rigs, both naked and un-naked but my crimpers broke so now I have to-go to BPS soon:frown: ...................and I think I need some hooks, swivels.....and

5852a4dfd8119_randysreallydressedupshark

5852a4dfdd503_randysreallydressedupshark

5852a4dfe0a99_randysdressedupsharkingrig

5852a4dfe4653_randysdressedupsharkingrig

Nice lookin' rigs but they look more like they're for jigging or trolling....??

Hmmm, does a chark see color?

Nice lookin' rigs but they look more like they're for jigging or trolling....??

Hmmm, does a chark see color?

Good question.

They do look pretty cool, Randy.

yeah, I don't know either on the color thing:eusa_think: but they can give the bait some flash and make it appear larger then it is:eusa_eh: Im going to give it a whirl, if they do produce, they'll be on sale in the lobby for $19.95 each:D

Losing a $10 chark rig is bad enough....

Randy, it's definitely worth a shot,,,may work very well,,,I fished today with my new two hook rig that I made and had an onslaught of baby sandbars,,,my other rig (single hook), hardly saw any action at all,,,maybe two bloody baits close together are better than one.

I went to gander and tried to get 16 oz pyramid type of weights but they were out of them,,,so I am trying Steves approach of making weights, also saw it in a texas shark site,,,made some homemade weights out of brick mortar,,,the only problem is that they are round,,,stuck some coat hanger on it to keep it from rolling on the sea floor but concerned about the line getting caught up in it,,,I think I am going to look for something square as a mold and use that instead,,,$4 for the mortar and have all the heavy weight I need for sharking.

I want to see the weight disconnect mechanism! I'm sure your not draggin those things in with the toothies. I'm getting armed now, I have found a yak and a volunteer delivery person. The hardware is all I need now.

Coop, cut the plastic off, we don't want to add to the trash in the water.

For a disconnect, use a very light test to connect the weight to your line so you don't have to drag it in. They're cheap enough to leave out there and won't hurt the environment. As for "spikes", just experiment to see what is best. I use longer spikes at the top and bend them 90 degrees when dropping. I also have some with "spikes" or nails in the sides.

A one pint paper/cardboard square drink container might work nicely too.

Steve, plan on cutting the plastic off,,,they were still wet when I took the shot,,,they are not as big or heavy as they look and may continue reusing them, at least thats how I have them rigged right now.

Just reel them in. It is good exercise.

So Randy, are you going to use those new wave rigs for bottom fishing, trolling for Charks, or???

Coop:

Oops :oops:, the "cut the plastic off" part wasn't meant to be a "Hey, whatsamatta you?" line, instead, just a "Oh yeah, I removed the plastic so it wouldn't hurt the environment if I lost the weight" comment.

I'm thinking if you use light enough spikes they might bend back to make the retrieve easier. Hopefully though, strong enough to hold the weight in the sand... I have different size "spikes", from lightweight hangars to heavy nails. Something will work....

The water bottle on the left is the standard one pint (sort'a) bottle. The cement one is a fatter bottle. I used the regular and fat ones, different levels of fill in each to find the "perfect" one for the surf conditions. The one shown is about 2 lbs, about half the weight of a solid brick.

weight-1.JPG.dcecacaac4dc1e304972216922b

So Randy, are you going to use those new wave rigs for bottom fishing, trolling for Charks, or???

I am gonna' try them out on thursday night when I get down there:) I'll make Phillip use therm :lol:

Steve, you gona' e-mail Nana and Ma about comming to the fling:cool:

Randy just think if it works you get the credit for it. $$$ :)

Steve, you gona' e-mail Nana and Ma about comming to the fling:cool:

Huh?????