25 posts in this topic

Has anyone set an exact location for the fling yet? Maybe it could be referenced in distance from the bullpen, example: Three miles south of the bullpen. especially for guests not to familiar with AI. Or even referenced from the orv entrance so people could set there odometers.:eusa_think:

The location will be below the BP, dunno' how far.

Depends on the beach/surf conditions.

Coop or Sam will most likely scout it out prior to the day and post it.

It really does depend on the beach traffic. I would like to have it a few miles down the beach, at least past the BP. I'm not sure how much of the beach will be open. Good topic, anyone else have any opinions on this?

further down the better. Depending on the conditions, i say couple miles past the bp

Def past the BP, that's a lot of blood in the water esp if we have some chum out. I'll be there at sunup so I'll try to pick a good un. And I'll have chum out all day. Hopefully you can give me some direction...you regulars. I'll be out the night of the 21st to prefish if you want me to try a spot.

Yeah, at least two maybe three miles past the BP.

I'm sure Coop will be fishing the day before or thereabouts, he'll scope it out.

(I suppose)

As long as the whole stretch looks the same, like no dead whales rotting in the sand, etc, anywhere down further would be fine. But ya don't know about stuff like that until close to the day.

Structure may change, big waves versus little waves, beach cliff vs sloped, etc...

No worries, members heading down are likely to see us whether we're 2 miles or 4 past the BP.... :D

just thought of this but maybe something to consider for things to sale in the future.mabe like 1 by 1.5 foot little flags that saw DMVF to attach to an antenna so we can tell who the members of the site are when going down the beach.and advertisement

Steve, I can scout out an area before the fling, but generally a cut is composed of a pretty small area,,,If most people fish, I would think that we may be occupying a large section of beach,,,where ever we end up setting up camp, we need to try to keep the eats and beverages in the center of the action, so people can intermingle throughout the day,,,if we are yaking, shouldnt be any worries about fishing a certain area,,,I am more concerned about our water temps rather than location,,,one other thing, hopefully there will be several vehicles there early so we can stretch the area out before non card carrying members don't park inbetween us, not that would be a bad thing, it would be just nice to have everyone in close proximity of each other.

That works Coop....

After all, we have a permit (??).

I wasn't thinking really along the rips or cuts. Thinking more along the line of no cliff drop off at the high tide mark, no dead critters nearby (PHEW!), perhaps an area of smaller waves for the novice yakker. Yes, warmer water would be a nice bonus.

Caught a lot of sharks south of the Bull Pen, actually near to the VA Line, Easier to get out on a yak, the bar seems to be all the way to shore with no drop off in some spots. May not have to paddle out too far to get to deep water. Course finding the trof would be ideal, and if you guys chum i def suggest going further south.....:eusa_wall:

I liked travis's idea about the flags on the vehicle, for a few of us we would recognize a few vehicles, but some of the members are not here a lot and have never met any of us, also here's a what if for ya, what if by some coinsidence there just happens to be another get together of some sort say a family reunion ,That might cause a few members to try and join the wrong party. I am in favor of the flag idea, we could set a standard like a white cloth with blue lettering tied to your antenna or front bumper. just a thought.

well Dave(ocsnapper) always has the Stars & Stripes flying where he fishes, so it wont be hard to spot him. I got a Blue & White, Marlin flag I could fly from the ant on the truck:)

just look of this

small03-09-06.JPG.da75a956ad9b63dcea6cc4

and this

5852a4dfd2181_small6-9-05(4).JPG.55784fb

and you will have me... :lol: OK not the dead whale but the red Durango:eusa_wall:

Now we are on to something, maybe all of us could have a flag with some identifyable mark just so everyone knows we are there for the fling, just in case someone gets buried, or lost. I know almost impossible to get lost on a straight strip of beach, but you never know what is likely to happen.

Just listen for the bluegrass music from my truck lol

How about lat/lon for those of us with GPS's in the truck?

I can give them to you when i get there. When are you going to get there.

How about lat/lon for those of us with GPS's in the truck?

I can do that Bob, got the BP dialed in on mine but its at home, I can post it up later:)

I have the BP in my unit, if coop's going down the night before to scout a location, maybe he could post the numbers here?

Hoax - I don't know, I'll be down all week, so I'm flexible. What time is everyone else getting there? I was thinking of coming after dinner to do some night fishing.

Bob, I'll be there @6pm on the eve of the 27th, gotta' make a few stops before going out on the beach. The Wine Rack on RT50, KFC at the White Marlin Mall and Bevs place(HT):D

Ill be on the beach probally around 5-6 thursday night

Randy,

Gimme a call when you get down, I'm looking forward to meeting you, we've been trying for a while now.....

Randy,

Gimme a call when you get down, I'm looking forward to meeting you, we've been trying for a while now.....

can-do:) we did meet once, for a second :D when you were crusing through the downtown along the back bay and Barb and I were fishing off the bulkhead and I yelled "Hey Bob" and you stopped and an OCPD cruiser almost plowed into you, remember that?