Guest mdram

deep fried fish strip

7 posts in this topic

You'll have to prepare this for us on the 28th.

You'll have to prepare this for us on the 28th.

still seeing if i can make it, hafta get permission from the other half, problem is with the wedding drawing closer things pop up at the last minute to prepare for it. so my schedule is all screwed up

Southern Sportsmen - LOVEd that show - usually half the show was fishing, the other half cooking the fish. Nothing amazing - they weren't catching trophies - but really down-to-earth ...you knew they were really fishing like everyone else - no bib bass boats, bright uniforms, or sponsorships interfering...just some guys out fishin for dinner ;)

Southern Sportsmen - LOVEd that show - usually half the show was fishing, the other half cooking the fish. Nothing amazing - they weren't catching trophies - but really down-to-earth ...you knew they were really fishing like everyone else - no bib bass boats, bright uniforms, or sponsorships interfering...just some guys out fishin for dinner ;)

yeah, i cant remember the hosts name, but it was a down to earth show.

wish it was still on

I remember that show. I used to watch it when I was just a kid. Very cool, brings back memories.

Mdram:

What kind of oil do you use?

When I deef fry cod, I prefer peanut oil for the taste it adds as well as the high smoke point. I keep my oil around 350 maybe a tad bit higher but not much to get that extra crunch.

Mdram:

What kind of oil do you use?

When I deef fry cod, I prefer peanut oil for the taste it adds as well as the high smoke point. I keep my oil around 350 maybe a tad bit higher but not much to get that extra crunch.

i prefer peanut, but didnt have any last time, and used corn i think, it worked very well.