8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've been checking out the site for a couple of weeks now and I thought I would join up. It looks like you all have a real nice site here with lots of forums matching different interests. I live in central Delaware and fish the salt from the Delaware Bay down to the lower Chesapeake near Cape Charles. I mostly target flounder, but I also go after trout, rockfish and just about anything else that bites. I am mainly a boat fisherman, but occasionaly I will hit the piers, jetties or the surf. I'll be down O.C. this Sunday drifting spot for some big flounder with my 6 year old son.

Good to have ya here Flatfish!

Just jump in anytime and be sure to give us those reports and pics!

Welcome aboard. Enjoy that time with your son. You can't beat it. :)

Thanks for the welcome. My son is impatient like most children, but he is really starting to get into being on the water though. I let him bring his gameboy for when he gets tired of fishing. He has been out with me four times and has never caught a keeper flounder. He still tries to set the hook too quickly. I normally let him pull in a few that I hook. I'm going to rig him up for spot and let him catch my bait for me. He used to complain when I took him fishing, but I think the Donuts for breakfast and the Blizzard at DQ at the end of the day has changed his mind about it :)

welcome,,,glad to have you on board:) .

Welcome flatfish, I dont have any children myself but my soon to be wife has many nieces and nephews, all young and always want to do stuff with us when I am back home. I love every minute of it. and again welcome to the site.