14 posts in this topic

Doing an overnight pre-fish for the fling. I should be arriving around 7:00 pm and yakking out some baits. Beer and bonfire to follow and hopefully some sharks. Right now I am solo, that may change as we get closer. I plan on packing up when the sun comes back.

Let me know if you need/want a ride. If not I'm going to try and be 2 mi south of the BP in a black Sequoia and a yellow yak.

If I can get fishing permission, I'll try to make it.

Cool, I got my permission because I'm not allowed out all night for the fling because we have friends with us...ahh the married life.

I'll be out there too.

Will probably be out for awhile friday night.

Oliver, did you come up with a rod tether system yet? I was seriously thinking of a better way to anchor mine when I read about your issue. I talk too much and drink too much beer to be ready all the time!

Pretty simple...

If you use the standard 6' PVC just take a piece of firewood and pound it in about two feet. It ain't a'gonna' come out...

After that episode I have had passing thoughts about bringing in a pile driver with a couple of 16' 6x6's :roll: but seriously I just had the drag to tight, thought I had loosened it but apparently not.:eusa_doh: I didn't think there was that much room inside a 9/0 for 3 yards of sand. what a mess that was to clean, at least I got to clean it and wasn't out buying another one. Thankx again Sam for the quick thinking.

Pretty simple...

If you use the standard 6' PVC just take a piece of firewood and pound it in about two feet. It ain't a'gonna' come out...

Exactly. Just buy an 8' section and cut it on an angle right in half. Perfect sand spike.

Exactly. Just buy an 8' section and cut it on an angle right in half. Perfect sand spike.

works awsome.4 bucks at lowes

that's what I use cheap, simple, and priceless :) don't leave home with out them :roll:

will probably be between 9-10 now and I have 2 more...can't wait! Sounds like the action is picking up and with the temps this week should be even hotter.

Just a reminder,

I'll probably arrive between 8:30-10:00 depending on traffic. If you are there I'll say hi at least, whatchall driving?