Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chenyan94

http://www.sandiegochargersteamonline.com

1 post in this topic

Los Angeles Chargers Undrafted Free Agents to Watch The UDFA signing period is a mad dash to sign some of the biggest names that did not get to hear their name get called during the draft. There are some really good players that somehow slip through the cracks and it’s every other team’s loss when they miss out on some of these guys. In the Chargers’ UDFA haul http://www.sandiegochargersteamonline.com/mike-williams-jersey , they signed some big-time players on the defensive side of the ball but offensive-minded fans may have found the other side of the ball lacking in any sort of star power. However, that didn’t stop our team from digging into the film and finding a guy or two who we really like or who we believe has a good shot at making the final 53-man roster.Garrett Sisti: I think Ben Johnson the Tight End from Kansas is interesting. The two things that’ll earn Johnson some work on this team is his blocking skills & Special Teams ability. He tested well at his Pro Day and even before the Hunter Henry injury I think Johnson would’ve made some noise in camp and in play as the 3rd Tight End, now it just might be for the backup behind Virgil Green.Matthew Stanley: I think FB Anthony Manzo-Lewis is my favorite UDFA player on offense. He is a punishing blocker and a very effective pass catcher out of the backfield. With Hunter Henry out for the year, the Chargers are going to need to get creative and I think Manzo-Lewis is a versatile weapon that gives them some options.Jamie Hoyle:I have to go with Ben Johnson, as well. He looks like he’s capable of making plays as a receiver at all three levels of a defense, he’s a willing and capable blocker, and he’s athletic enough to help on special teams. He has a solid opportunity to soar up the depth chart with a good showing in training camp and the preseason.Jamie Sewell: I think J.J Jones, WR from West Georgia is going to be fun to watch in Preseason. He ran a 4.35 40 yard dash, a 6.83 3 cone and a 38 inch vertical jump. Problem is, he only weighs 173 lb and he had just 24 catches for 278 yards in his final year of college ball. I think his chances of winning a spot on the roster as a WR are virtually zero, but he handled punt returns in college, and Special Teams could be his key to making the team.Michael Peterson: I really like offensive lineman Chris Durant out of William & Mary. The guy was a four-year starter at left tackle for the Tribe and immediately stood out when I threw on his film. What popped the most for me was that he is spews the fundamentals in his technique. He’s quick-footed and patient in pass protection http://www.sandiegochargersteamonline.com/philip-rivers-jersey , only striking when the moment is right. He isn’t the strongest cat on the field but he sure knows how to create leverage in the run game with proper hand-technique.I saw a lot of the “project” offensive tackles this year go in the 3rd-5th round just because of their height and weight combos. Durant is years ahead of most of the linemen drafted in terms of the little things he does right and I believe he could be a serious back-up option to left tackle Russell Okung. Oakland and the Los Angeles Chargers both come into Sunday's game ranked in the Top 10 in total offense. The matchup between AFC West rivals is likely to come down to who has the greatest success running the ball.Both teams had a 100-yard rusher in their wins last week. The Raiders' Marshawn Lynch had 130 yards in a 45-42 overtime victory over Cleveland , while the Chargers' Melvin Gordon gained 104 yards on the ground in a 29-27 win over San Francisco .Lynch and Gordon are both ranked in the Top 10 in rushing. Lynch is fourth with 300 yards and has shown flashes of being back to the level he displayed in Seattle from 2011-14, when he had four straight 1,000-yard seasons. Gordon is seventh with 276 yards.Both players are showing they are physical runners in different ways. Lynch has generated 77.3 percent of his yards after contact according to SportRadar, the highest percentage among the top 24 backs. Gordon is tied for third in broken tackles with 12."There's not a lot of backs that can say they run the football like he does. He still has elusiveness and speed," Raiders coach Jon Gruden said about Lynch. "This guy likes the physical grind and I think he feeds off of it."Gordon is also making an impact in the passing game as he is tied for the Chargers' lead in receptions with 17. That has allowed him to lead the AFC in yards from scrimmage with 475."He's really done a great job as a receiver and really been a factor to make huge plays for us," Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt said. "I think he has been driven to get his game to another level, and I think we're seeing the benefit to that. He's worked hard. He's studied it."Both teams are looking for a win to avoid falling to 0-2 in division games. Quarterback Philip Rivers said the Chargers need to start stringing together wins to avoid falling further behind unbeaten Kansas City."I think we're just playing a little better all the way around. A little more complementary all the way around," Rivers said. "But certainly, you know, this is no time to keep going win-loss, win-loss Womens Caleb Sturgis Jersey , win-loss. So it's an opportunity for us to get our second win in a row and get above .500 and keep going."Here are some other things to watch as the Chargers look for their third straight victory over the Raiders:CARR VS. RIVERSOakland's Derek Carr and Rivers have split their first eight meetings. Both are coming into the game with momentum.Carr is looking for his third straight 300-yard game, which would be the first time that has happened in his five-year career. Rivers has thrown 11 touchdowns, tying for the most he has thrown in the first four games.PASS RUSH HELPThe Chargers are hoping defensive tackle Corey Liuget's return from a four-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance enhancers helps improve a pass rush that has struggled.Los Angeles has only eight sacks as Melvin Ingram has been frequently been double-teamed. Defensive end Joey Bosa will miss his fifth straight game due to a foot injury.ROOKIE TACKLESThe Raiders will have an untested tackle this week after right tackle Donald Penn was placed on IR with a groin injury. Rookie Brandon Parker will step in and team with fellow rookie Kolton Miller, who is on the left side protecting Carr. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, this will be the first time since the 1970 merger that the Raiders will have two rookie tackles starting in a game.DEFENSIVE HELPThe Raiders hope the anticipated debut of cornerback Daryl Worley will help eliminate the big plays that have plagued the defense. Oakland has allowed a league-worst five 50-yard or longer plays and is tied for second worst with 23 plays allowed of at least 20 yards. Worley should provide a needed boost in the secondary as he returns from a four-game suspension for violating the league's policies on substance abuse and personal conduct.WHOSE HOME GAME?The Raiders left Los Angeles in 1994, but they still have a large and boisterous contingent of fans in the area. When the Raiders played a preseason game against the Rams at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Aug. 21, it sounded like a Raiders home game. Even though the StubHub Center seats only 27,000, it is likely the crowd will be predominantly silver and black.The Chargers have won five of their past six at StubHub, but it hasn't felt like a home-field advantage. Last Sunday's game against the 49ers appeared to have more San Francisco fans.AP Pro Football Writer Josh Dubow contributed to this story.Follow Joe Reedy at joereedy Custom Tennessee Titans Jerseys