11 posts in this topic

I'm going to be downyocean this weekend and we're taking a buddies boat out in the Assawoman. He hasn't fished on it before and it's his first boat. I'm the unofficial guide of the trip so I'd like to put us on some fish...they don't have to be nice or keepers, just hungry.

What will we have the most success at on a Saturday? Some flatties or stripers would be nice but are not necessary.

I'd say driften the east channel from @28th st down to the sandbar behind Harbor Island wth single hook fluke rigs tipped wth minnow, squid strips, fishbites or a combo of 2 of the above, drag @ 2oz bank sinkers. that should be good for Croakers & Flounder on either tide. jig bucktail & grub down at the RT50 bridge at night for stripers.

Fish are at the red X's: (lol)

Also, down behind the airport has been real hot lately.

API-262193.jpg.250022c2963c152ccfc5a0ff9

If you catch or buy some live spot, use them around the end of the south jetty for stripers, or in the flounder spots Bohica told you about.

now this is service! =) I'll pay ya'll back at the sharkin event if you don't have a kayak.

Fish are at the red X's: (lol)

Also, down behind the airport has been real hot lately.

Ohhhhh, Noooo not the dreeded RED-X's AGAIN:!:

just be real careful of sandbars, the water changes there all the time, its not hard to beach yourself

Something else I've had luck wth using for Sea Trout in and around OC is this. I'll use @2' of 30lb test leader to my main line using a double uni knot, slide on a 1oz to 2oz egg sinker(depending on current), then a swivel (using Trilene knots at each end of the swivel) to @3' to 4' of flourocarbon leader and another uni-knot to a floating popper/surface plug. the egg sinker bounces off the bottom and the lure floats up off the bottom @ 1' or 2', kinda' like how a freshwater "carolina rig" works, you can use this drifting, anchored or slow-trolling.

great info guys, thanks again. I'll be sure to post results.