20 posts in this topic

Maybe that storm up north will move some stripers down the coast. Not sure if there will be conditions that will allow surf fishing. I will be bringing my stuff anyway and give it a go.

I'm dying to get out there and fish. I really wanted to go tonight, but I ended up having a family night. I was thinking about going tomorrow also, but I don't know where I can find any fresh bunker. Does anyone have any ideas?

Still remodeling,,,project will be done Sunday. Will be back to my 3-4 day a week fishing routine until the end of December. I am having some serious withdraw,,,fished only three times since the drum tourney,,,cant wait when this project is over.

Sam, with all this weather and wind, bunker could be a problem for several more days. I have got to get a freezer just for bait.

The weather sounds awful for this weekend. I have to make the trip anyway to help my father-in-law. I will bring my surf sticks anyway and see if it eases up.

Saturday

Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday Night

Clear. Lows around 50. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

Sunday

Mostly sunny and breezy. Highs around 70. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

Sunday Night through Monday Night

Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Highs in the upper 60s.

a bit windy, but no rain

Don't fret - Harbor Tackle just got in fresh caught this AM bunker.

YESSSSS!!!!! :D:D:D

Harbor Tackle pulls through once again!

gotta talk to the wife tonight, might try to hit 4th street bulkhead for tog, ot stinkybeach with the flyrod. hafta see what we have planned, my memory is failing me but i think there is something i am supposed to do :oops:

Yes Roger, you did have something planned.

How in the world could you forget that you planned to go fishing?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll be at Harbor Tackle at 6:00am Saturday to get some bunker. Anyone care to guess how much lead it will take to hold bottom with the high surf advisory? Looking foward to getting out and trying my new conventional setups.

oh is that it steve?

and here i thought i had forotten something!

thanks for setting me straight 8)

That NW should flaten out and dirty up water. Stripers dont mind dirty water but still got Buck fever or in my case Doe fever so trying to harvest some venison but watching you guys from afar. Good Luck-they should be arriving with this wind. Aint no doubt about it when I can't get fresh before coming down HT is where its at.

Well, I got all geared up, got fresh bait (thanks again, bev), new hook sharpener, cold sodas, ice, food and everything else you can think of. I was planning on having a relaxing evening on the beach. NOPE. They closed the beach at 3:30. So, I went to South Ocean Beach and humped my gear over the dune. I got set up and couldn't hold with 12 oz. VERY strong current and wind coming from the north. The waves were at least 8'. I did get some good conventional casting practice and it was nice to get out there. I'm going to keep an eye on the weather and hopefully I can put the rest of this bait to good use.

Hi all, I just got back from the OBX looking for sharks and maybe drum. The high tide was at 6:45 and it was a full moon. I thought I was gonna slay them. well, I got to the beach and some of the piers were closed for "unfishable conditions".There was flooding on some of the roads. On the north side of the point swells were 11'+. I decided to go down another hour to Frisco. I got there,unloaded my gear out of my non-beach friendly 2wd and lugged my 4 rods, 2 coolers, 2 tacklebags, and rodholders over the dunes onto the beach (in like 3 trips) setup and it was considerably calmer but still rought enough to toss my 8oz satelitte sinker down the beach in a matter of seconds. so I lugged all my stuff back over the dunes back into my car, and went back to Buxton hoping that it would calm a little over the next few hours. I lugged my stuff out of my car and set up WAY back by the dunes. It didn't get any calmer and the tide came in....ALL THE WAY IN! I had to pack my stuff back up and lug it back out to my car before the ocean took it. I decided to go back to frisco and the pier was open so I hopped on for the 4 remaining hours that they were open. People caught a couple pompano, some blues, some spot, a few skates, and snagged a butterfly ray in the butt and he broke off after 5 minutes. No sharks or drum were caught.

The best part of the trip....I didn't wreck on the way home!

Well, you didn't miss much on Delmarva. I am hoping the wind will die down enough to head out after work tomorrow. :)

I think the winds are finally going to start laying down :D ,,,weather looks much more favorable this week and am willing to bet there are some stripers out there. Hoping to head early tues am.

Pierman, conditions were impossible up here,,,you'll getem next time.

I can promise that the weather will be rotten this weekend. I will be back in town! I am sure it will be very nice during the week but go downhill on Friday.

This past weekend I started Saturday morning, didn't last long. 10 ounces couldn't hold bottom. Saturday evening conditions were better but the fishing was not, just sand sharks/skates. Sunday night the ocean had laid down with the west wind, skates on just about every cast. I didn't need a light, the moon was so bright.

Is there still going to be a bluefish run or is it just stripers from here on out?

Eso, big chomper blues are yet to come,,,I really got into them Thanksgiving into the last week in November big time,,,still a little early for the big boys, of course I would of said that for stripers too but Sam landed a 40". I say now is the time until the first week in December,,,time to get out there folks and have fun!